Threaded flanges are widely demanded as pipe flanges used in different industrial applications. They are the special type of pipe flanges which can be attached to the pipe without welding. Threaded flanges are threaded in the bore which match an external thread on the pipe. These threads are tapered in order to create a seal between the threaded flange and the pipe as the tapers approach the same diameter. Sometimes a seal weld is also used together with the threaded connection. They are available in various sizes and materials.
How to measure threaded flange?
Take the measurements of the following:
- O: Flange Diameter
- Q: Flange Thickness
- X: Hub Diameter at Base
- RF: Raised Face Diameter
- BC: Diameter of bolt circle
- L: Length through hub
- T: Thread Length
- No welding is required.
- Good for small pipe sizes.
- Should be avoided for larger loads, especially when subjected to higher torque.
Uses of Threaded Flanges:
- Threaded flanges can be fitted to pipes of various sizes without welding and this is one chief benefit for which these flanges are highly demanded.
- They can be used in extremely high pressure applications, particularly at or near atmospheric temperature, where the necessary post weld heat treatment is not possible.
- They are ideal for small diameter piping applications.
- They are economical and time saving devices.
- These threaded flanges are normally designed for non-cyclic applications.
- The flanges are suitable to be used in applications where welding is hazardous.
- They can be used in highly explosive areas.
Stainless Steel : ASTM A 182, A 240
Grade : F 304, 304L, 304H, 316, 316L, 316Ti, 310, 310S, 321, 321H, 317, 347, 347H,904L, Duplex stainless steel UNS S31803, 2205, Super Duplex stainless steel UNS S32750
Carbon Steel : ASTM A 105, ASTM A 181
Alloy Steel : ASTM A 182, GR F1, F11, F22, F5, F9, F91
Nickel Alloys : Monel 400 & 500, Inconel 600 & 625, Incolloy 800, 825, Hastelloy C22,C276
Copper Alloys : Copper, Brass & Gunmetal
Size : 1/8" NB TO 48"NB.
Class : 150#, 300#,400 #,600#,900#, 1500# & 2500 #