Slip On Flanges
Slip-on flanges are a popular type of pipe flanges. These are type of flanges that slide over the end of piping and then welded in place. These flanges are ideal for lower pressure applications. These are easily fitted and welded into different pipes. Welding reduces fabrication costs of these pipes. These are available in wide variety of sizes and applications.
Why slip on flanges are preferred to welding neck flanges?
For many users, slip on flanges continue to be preferred to welding neck flanges because of the following reasons:
- On account of their initially lower cost.
- The reduced accuracy needed in cutting the pipe to length.
- The greater ease of alignment of the assembly.
- The calculated strength of slip-on flanges under internal pressure is approximately two-thirds that of welding neck flanges.
How to measure slip-on flanges?
Take the measurements of:
- OD: Outside Diameter
- ID: Inside Diameter
- BC: Bolt Circle
- HD: Hole diameter
Some important features are as follows:
• One size fits all pipe schedules.
• Fabricators can more easily cut pipe to length for slip-on flanges.
• The smaller thickness of this flange allows for easier alignment of bolting holes.
• They are generally not preferred for high pressure temperature environments.
Advantages of slip on flanges:
• Low cost installation
• Less time needed to spent on ensuring the accuracy of the cut pipe
• They are somewhat easier to align
• The slip-on flanges have low hub because the pipe slips into the flange before welding
• The flange is welded both inside and outside to provide sufficient strength
They prevent leakage
Stainless Steel : ASTM A 182, A 240
Grade : F 304, 304L, 304H, 316, 316L, 316Ti, 310, 310S, 321, 321H, 317, 347, 347H,904L, Duplex stainless steel UNS S31803, 2205, Super Duplex stainless steel UNS S32750
Carbon Steel : ASTM A 105, ASTM A 181
Alloy Steel : ASTM A 182, GR F1, F11, F22, F5, F9, F91
Nickel Alloys : Monel 400 & 500, Inconel 600 & 625, Incolloy 800, 825, Hastelloy C22,C276
Copper Alloys : Copper, Brass & Gunmetal
Size : 1/8" NB TO 48"NB.
Class : 150#, 300#,400 #,600#,900#, 1500# & 2500 #.
ANSI : ANSI B16.5, ANSI B16.47, MSS SP44, ANSI B16.36, ANSI B16.48
DIN : DIN2527, DIN2566, DIN2573, DIN2576, DIN2641, DIN2642, DIN2655, DIN2656, DIN2627, DIN2628, DIN2629, DIN 2631, DIN2632, DIN2633, DIN2634, DIN2635, DIN2636, DIN2637, DIN2638, DIN2673
B.S : BS4504 , BS4504, BS1560, BS10