Socket Weld Flanges
Socket welding flange, a popular type of pipe flange, was initially developed for use on small-sized high- pressure piping. The fabrication of this type of flange is similar to that of a slip-on flange. However, the internal pocket of a socket weld flange allows for a smooth bore and better fluid flow. When provided with an internal weld, the static strength of this flange is equal to slip-on flange, but the fatigue strength is 50% greater than double welding slip-on flanges. Smooth bore conditions in such a flange can easily be attained without having to bevel the flange face and, after welding, to reface the socket weld flange as would be required with slip-on flanges. For this reason, the internally welded flange is popular in chemical process piping.
- The recess on the inside diameter of the socket weld flange allows for a good fit of the pipe allowing for a smooth flow of liquid.
- Socket welding flanges work well for smaller sizes and higher pressure temperature conditions.
- They are similar to slip-on flanges, but must specify the schedule of the pipe where they will be used for with socket welds
- They are ideal for small diameter applications.
- They are used for high pressure applications.
- Socket weld flanges have an internal recess on the inside diameter which allow for a smoot flow of the process fluid.
- They create a smooth bore with the proper welding and grinding.
½” (15 NB) to 48” (1200NB) in 150 LBS, 300 LBS, 600 LBS, 900 LBS, 1500 LBS, 2500 LBS ASA 150, ASA 300, PN 6,10,16,25, 40,64,100,160 ETC. Available with NACE MR 01-75
Grade : 304, 304L, 304H, 309, 310, 310S, 316, 316Ti, 316 L, 317, 317L, 321, 347, 347 H, 409, 410, 410S, 420, 430L
Grade : 2205 (UNS No. S31803), 2507 (UNS No. S32750)
Grade : Nickel 200 (UNS No. N02200), Nickel 201 (UNS No. N02201), Monel 400 (UNS No. N04400), Monel 500 (UNS No. N05500), Inconel 800 (UNS No. N08800), Inconel 825 (UNS No. N08825), Inconel 600 (UNS No. N06600), Inconel 625 (UNS No. N06625), Inconel 601 (UNS No. N06601), Hastelloy C 276 (UNS No. N10276), Alloy 20 (UNS No. N08020), Titanium (Grade I & II)
Grade : UNS No. C 10100, 10200, 10300, 10800, 12000, 12200, 70600, 71500, UNS No. C 70600 (Cu -Ni- 90/10), C 71500 (Cu -Ni- 70/30)
- ANSI : ANSI B16.5, ANSI B16.47, MSS SP44, ANSI B16.36, ANSI B16.48
- DIN : DIN2527, DIN2566, DIN2573, DIN2576, DIN2641, DIN2642, DIN2655, DIN2656, DIN2627, DIN2628, DIN2629, DIN 2631, DIN2632, DIN2633, DIN2634, DIN2635, DIN2636, DIN2637, DIN2638, DIN2673
- B.S : BS4504 , BS4504, BS1560, BS10
- OTHER : PLATE, PLATE BLANK
Value Added Services
- HOT DIPPED GALVANIZING
- HEAT TREATMENT
- CNC MACHINING